J. Luc Paquin

Default Problem with ruler

I have a large number of Word documents that were created with Word 97. We
have just migrated to Office 2003 and when I open any of those documents they
look perfect for a short period of time and suddenly the content looks scaled
and reduced. The time before this to happen is almost instantaneously with
short documents and maybe 10-15 second on large ones.

When the document is first open the ruler extends to the width of the page
in print view as it should, and after this scaling the ruler still has the
same width numerically, but it does not extend to the right edge of the page.
Even if the paper is set correctly at letter size on the display it looks as
it is much wider when compared to the ruler settings. If you print preview or
print one of these documents it is shrunk in size and does not extend to the
proper place horizontally of vertically. We cannot afford the time redoing
all of those documents and we need a solution to easily fix this problem.

Kindest regards,

J. Luc Paquin

J. Luc Paquin

Dear Doug,

The problem is not one of display. The problem is a formatiign problem as
the content of the new documetns is shrunk and does not fit the page. The
ruler is of the right scla but does not extend to the right sixe of the
paper. It is as if the contents of the docuement has been shrunk by 10-20%
and when you print them they are indeed shrunk by about that amount.

JLP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

On the Zoom control, select Page width or Text width.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"J. Luc Paquin" J. Luc wrote in message
[...]

J. Luc Paquin

Thank you for the information. I finally figured it by myself, when I found
how to enable the document markup toolbar and looked at the document without
the markups and comments.

JLP