caemart

Default How can I create an invoice template and keep text anchored

I want to create an invoice template that will allow me to input data but
keep certain text anchored in place. For instance, I only want to use about
4 lines for an address but I don't want the whole document to move down when
I hit return. Also, when I get to the bottom of the document, I want to be
able to insert figures but keep "Total" and "VAT" in the same place. I hope
this is clear. In other words I want a template that will allow me to enter
data but keep certain text in the same place. Many thanks.
Jay Freedman

caemart wrote:
I want to create an invoice template that will allow me to input data
but keep certain text anchored in place. For instance, I only want
to use about 4 lines for an address but I don't want the whole
document to move down when I hit return. Also, when I get to the
bottom of the document, I want to be able to insert figures but keep
"Total" and "VAT" in the same place. I hope this is clear. In other
words I want a template that will allow me to enter data but keep
certain text in the same place. Many thanks.

1. In your template, insert a table. If you don't want the borders to
show/print, use Format Borders to turn them off (or press the shortcut
Ctrl+Alt+U).

2. In Table AutoFit, choose Fixed Column Width.

3. Select the whole table, go to Table Table Properties Row, check the
Specify Height box, enter a measurement (for example, 0.25"), and change "At
least" to "Exactly".

4. Insert the form fields for the invoice in appropriate cells, one per
cell.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman