Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J. Gentile J. Gentile is offline

Default 2 pages of document are printing on letterhead only want 1st page

I am trying to print a two page document. The first page should be on
letterhead and the second plain. My settings are to select from tray 2 for
page one (letterhead) and the other pages are the default setting. (plain).
Both pages are coming out on letterhead no matter what I change my settings
to.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Favreau Don Favreau is offline

Default 2 pages of document are printing on letterhead only want 1st p

I am experiencing this same problem in our environment.

I have tried Office 2000, 2003 and 2003 SP3, Lexmark and HP laser printers
as well as different workstations. The test document is a 3 page document
with just a page number typed for text with a page break between each.

In Page setup I set first page to tray 2 (letterhead) and other pages to
autoselect. All pages print from tray 2 letterhead.

If I set first page to autoselect and other pages to tray 2 (letterhead) it
will work.

If set to auto and auto you get both on plain. If set to tray 2 and tray 2
you get both from tray 2.

"J. Gentile" J. wrote in message
I am trying to print a two page document. The first page should be on
letterhead and the second plain. My settings are to select from tray 2
for
page one (letterhead) and the other pages are the default setting.
(plain).
Both pages are coming out on letterhead no matter what I change my
settings
to.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What happens if you specify a tray for pages 2ff instead of setting it to
Auto Select?

http://word.mvps.org

"J. Gentile" J. wrote in message
I am trying to print a two page document. The first page should be on
letterhead and the second plain. My settings are to select from tray 2
for
page one (letterhead) and the other pages are the default setting.
(plain).
Both pages are coming out on letterhead no matter what I change my
settings
to.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Favreau[_2_] Don Favreau[_2_] is offline

That works. I'm not sure why this all of a sudden changed in our environment
but this will be used as a workaround.

Thanks.

"J. Gentile" J. wrote in message
I am trying to print a two page document. The first page should be on
letterhead and the second plain. My settings are to select from tray 2
for
page one (letterhead) and the other pages are the default setting.
(plain).
Both pages are coming out on letterhead no matter what I change my
settings
to.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would guess that the printer has the Letterhead tray set as the default
tray, so you might investigate the settings in the printer itself.

http://word.mvps.org