Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Nethercot Patrick Nethercot is offline

Default Converting Word macros

The demise of XP is forcing me to change - or will in the not too distant future. I run a few websites, and a large part of this is converting text derived from other sources. For this I use the old 16 bit Word 6 (runs OK under XP) for which I have written a bunch of macros that save literally hours. These are simply text files. For example here is a short one that creates para tags:

Sub MAIN
EditReplace .Find = "^p", .Replace = "/p^pp", .Direction = 0, .MatchCase = 0, .WholeWord = 0, .PatternMatch = 0, .SoundsLike = 0, .ReplaceAll, .Format = 0, .Wrap = 1
End Sub

But some are many lines long and perform quite complex tasks to create html from text.

Unfortunately, later versions of Word abandoned this simplicity in favour of Visual Basic. What I need is a way of converting the Word 6 macros into VB macros for Word 2003 (which I have) and later versions. I suspect that I will have to 'upgrade' to Windows 7 or 8, neither of which will cope with 16 bit software.

Googling has not helped me so far, so I am putting it out here to see if anybody knows a way of converting.