Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
joyjane1028 joyjane1028 is offline

Default How do I re-organize the saved files by alphabetical order?

I do not know what has happened. All of sudden, all my word files are not
saved alphabetically. It makes me difficult to find the file I need to work
on. Word has saved my files in random order. How did it happen? what should
I do? Please help. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can sort the files in a variety of ways. Right-click in the file list
and choose Sort by - Name, if you want them sorted alphabetically.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"joyjane1028" wrote in message
I do not know what has happened. All of sudden, all my word files are not
saved alphabetically. It makes me difficult to find the file I need to
work
on. Word has saved my files in random order. How did it happen? what
should
I do? Please help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

There's an order to the files, you just may like the one that's showing up.
Click the column header "Name" in the box where you select your files. That
will either make the files in A to Z order or Z to A order.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question