Sharoo

Default Keep mail merge format from 2000 when using 2003!

New isn't always better, I like the old mail merge format it was much more
straight forward and I got exactly what I wanted. The 2003 way assumes things
I don't want and I do more fiddling and fussying around. Give me the option
of using the old way!!!!!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Tony Jollans

You do have the option of using the old way! But it is a bit hidden.

Select Tools Customize Commands (tab)
Select "All Commands" under Categories (on the left)
Scroll down the list on the right to find "MAilMergeHelper"
Click and drag it to a toolbar.
Close the Dialog.

Click on your new button to use the old mail merge.
--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Sharoo" wrote in message
New isn't always better, I like the old mail merge format it was much more
straight forward and I got exactly what I wanted. The 2003 way assumes

things
I don't want and I do more fiddling and fussying around. Give me the

option
of using the old way!!!!!

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...id=5b021056-dc
bc-4e6d-9676-7c0bb072509c&dg=microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fi elds

Graham Mayor

Mail Merge was changed with version 2002 - but you can still (more or less)
do things the old way -

Sharoo wrote:
New isn't always better, I like the old mail merge format it was much
more straight forward and I got exactly what I wanted. The 2003 way
assumes things I don't want and I do more fiddling and fussying
around. Give me the option of using the old way!!!!!

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds