Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Morgan

Default footnote space - corruption?

On one page with footnotes in my document, and no others, I have about an
inch of blank space between the end of the last footnote and the footer. It
isn't the result of space after paragraph (or space before the next
footnote), and doesn't have anything to do with distance footer is from edge,
or margins. I have hidden text revealed, and there's nothing in that space.
Does this means it's just corruption?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This would be the expected result if you have the footnotes set to "Below
text" rather than "Bottom of page" and there is extra space to be dealt
with. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

"Morgan" wrote in message
On one page with footnotes in my document, and no others, I have about an
inch of blank space between the end of the last footnote and the footer.

It
isn't the result of space after paragraph (or space before the next
footnote), and doesn't have anything to do with distance footer is from

edge,
or margins. I have hidden text revealed, and there's nothing in that

space.
Does this means it's just corruption?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Morgan

I hadn't noticed that before. But, alas, the footnotes are all set to bottom
of page, and the text continues on the next page. Must be corruption, these
are multiple reviewer documents with track changes.

"Morgan" wrote in message
On one page with footnotes in my document, and no others, I have about an
inch of blank space between the end of the last footnote and the footer.

It
isn't the result of space after paragraph (or space before the next
footnote), and doesn't have anything to do with distance footer is from

edge,
or margins. I have hidden text revealed, and there's nothing in that

space.
Does this means it's just corruption?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Ah, well, if there are tracked changes in the document, don't expect to see
a "final" view until you've accepted all the changes.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This would be the expected result if you have the footnotes set to

"Below
text" rather than "Bottom of page" and there is extra space to be dealt
with. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Morgan" wrote in message
On one page with footnotes in my document, and no others, I have about

an
inch of blank space between the end of the last footnote and the

footer.
It
isn't the result of space after paragraph (or space before the next
footnote), and doesn't have anything to do with distance footer is

from
edge,
or margins. I have hidden text revealed, and there's nothing in that

space.
Does this means it's just corruption?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kiwihiker

I have exactly the same issue, but there is no change tracking. Occurs where
my docos have sections with different page orientations on consecutive pages,
and footnotes on each page. Problem occurs on the landscape pages only - next
portrait page is fine. There is no overflow of notes across pages, no hidden
spaces, no additional paragraph space etc.

Happens consistently for me under these circumstances. Can I send an example
file to anyone to look at?