Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Cells that don't resize when image/text inserted

Hello All,

I need to make a word document that will have a blank table with two
rows and two columns (2x2).

This document will serve as a template to be populated by employees by
entering text into first two cells (first row) and pictures (bottom two
cells).

I need to make sure that the layout always stays the same, therefore
when the user inserts a picture the size of the cell should remain the
same.

Is something like this doable in Word?

Thanks,

Vasa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Specify a fixed height for table rows: On the Table menu, click Table
Properties. Click the Row tab. Click "Specify height", type a value,
and set "Row height is" to "Exactly".

To insert a picture (or any object) in a table cell, you must set its
position to "In line with text"; this option is found on the Layout
tab of Format | Object, Layout tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP