Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
E Scott

Default how do I create a link on each page to the top of my document?

I am creating a 80 page employee manual document in Word 2003 that will then
be converted into PDF. I want it to be easily navigable in electronic form.
My TOC links have converted just fine, but I am perplexed on how to add links
to the top of the document on each page that will convert in PDF. Putting a
"back to top" hyperlink in the footer works in Word, but when converted to
PDF, the hyperlink isn't active.
Likewise, inserting a text box at the bottom of each page doesn't keep the
hyperlink active in PDF.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi

If you have used Word's built-in heading styles for headings in your
document, and you have Adobe Acrobat, you can get Acrobat to create
bookmarks for the headings. You'll see roughly what you see when you use
View Document Map in Word. The bookmarks are clickable and let the user
move around the document quickly and easily.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

news