Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Default Gray background problem

I have obviously unintentionally changed a setting somewhere. I don't know
which one.

Problem: I suddenly have a gray background on all my Word doc page numbers
as well as all the other small graphics. There appears to be a gray
outline/background around the smaller graphics. I tried the Format/Borders
and Shading/Shading/none option and that doesn't help. Any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I think the gray background is a result of having Tools Options View tab
"Field shading" set to "Always". If that is the case, you can change the

setting to one of the other options. However, note that the gray shading is
only displayed on the screen, it does not print.

Personally, I find it useful to have the shading set to "Always" so that
users do not by mistake edit text that is part of a field.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg