Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Becky Becky is offline

Default Mail Merge Parameter Double Prompt

I am using Office 2003

I have a Parameter query in Access that prompts for the ID. I have a Mail
Merge Template that runs the parameter query with only 1 problem.

It double prompts for the ID ~ any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In Word, select Options from the Tools menu and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, select the DDE
option and try it then. I think that one may overcome the problem, but if
not, try the other options as well.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Becky" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003

I have a Parameter query in Access that prompts for the ID. I have a Mail
Merge Template that runs the parameter query with only 1 problem.

It double prompts for the ID ~ any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Becky Becky is offline

I've already done those things...any other ideas?

Is it because it is in a template?

"Becky" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003

I have a Parameter query in Access that prompts for the ID. I have a Mail
Merge Template that runs the parameter query with only 1 problem.

It double prompts for the ID ~ any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Becky Becky is offline

No - no code. When I open it as a template - it just prompts once; but when
I open as a new doc, it prompts twice.

"Becky" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003

I have a Parameter query in Access that prompts for the ID. I have a
Mail
Merge Template that runs the parameter query with only 1 problem.

It double prompts for the ID ~ any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
drivingme crazy[_2_] drivingme crazy[_2_] is offline

Becky,
I have the exact same issue. Did you ever get any insight??

"Becky" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003

I have a Parameter query in Access that prompts for the ID. I have a
Mail
Merge Template that runs the parameter query with only 1 problem.

It double prompts for the ID ~ any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Initiate the Merge from Access.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"drivingme crazy" wrote in
message ...

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

In Word, select Options from the Tools menu and then go to the
General
tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item.
Then
when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, select
the
DDE
option and try it then. I think that one may overcome the problem,
but
if
not, try the other options as well.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"Becky" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003

I have a Parameter query in Access that prompts for the ID. I have
Mail
Merge Template that runs the parameter query with only 1 problem.

It double prompts for the ID ~ any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
drivingme crazy[_2_] drivingme crazy[_2_] is offline

Hi Doug,
unfortunately I don't think I have that option. I have a main/procedure
document that "links" to a series of Word templates via command buttons which
use the same parameter query as a data source. The user progresses thru the
procedure and generates/uses the template based documents as necessary. I'm
not sure I could convert the main/procedure document to access...if that's
what you're suggesting. Is there ANY way to suppress one of the parameter
prompts??

TIA

cal