Buggin

Default Mail Merge

Recently the Insert Word Field drop-down menu has changed on all our
computers, 2000, XP and 2003. None will list mail merge fields (city, state,
etc.), only bookmark fields. There are other options to get around this in XP
and 2003, but I have yet to find any help for 2000. Right now my 2000 people
are having to get help with their mailouts from employees that have XP or
2003. Anyone know what's going on? I'd like to know.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QnVnZ2lu?=,

Recently the Insert Word Field drop-down menu has changed on all our
computers, 2000, XP and 2003. None will list mail merge fields (city, state,
etc.), only bookmark fields. There are other options to get around this in XP
and 2003, but I have yet to find any help for 2000. Right now my 2000 people
are having to get help with their mailouts from employees that have XP or
2003. Anyone know what's going on?

I've never, ever heard of anything like this, and I've been working with and
supporting mail merge for over a decade, since Word 2.0.

Therefore, my first thought is that you have some kind of (COM, .NET) Addin
that's usurping Word's builtin functionality. If you hold down CTRL on one of
the Word 2002 or 2003 machines, then set up a mail merge, do you still see the
same behavior? (Note: Since you'll be in Safe Mode, with the installation
defaults, the dropdown list won't appear, you'll need to pull it out of
Tools/Customize/All commands.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org