KAG55

Default What is meaning of blue underlines under words mean?

I don't have spellcheck on but have blue squiggly lines under every
keystroked space in all of my documents. This is a new occurence and it is
distracting - how can I remove it?

Jay Freedman

KAG55 wrote:
I don't have spellcheck on but have blue squiggly lines under every
keystroked space in all of my documents. This is a new occurence and
it is distracting - how can I remove it?

According to the help topic "What do the underlines in my document mean?",

Word uses wavy blue underlines to indicate possible
instances of inconsistent formatting.

To turn it off completely, go to Tools Options Edit and uncheck "Keep
track of formatting".

To remove the inconsistent formatting (which is the point of having the
underlines), click the underlined text and select one of the suggested
actions -- either format the text with the appropriate style or tell Word to
ignore the inconsistency.

Other related help topics are "About checking the consistency of formatting"
and "Check formatting for consistency".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay Freedman

Jay Freedman wrote:

To remove the inconsistent formatting (which is the point of having
the underlines), click the underlined text and select one of the

Sorry, that should be "right-click the underlined text".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman