Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lila

Default change margins within page

I am trying to create a letterhead macro. The letterhead margins are one
inch. The text to be typed in will start at a margin setting of 1.25 (left
and right). I can't seem to change the margins in the text without it also
changing the letterhead.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PegW

You should be able to put in a section break at the top of the body of the
letter. Then you can change the margins just for the new section (that is an
option in the page setup dialogue box).

"Lila" wrote:

I am trying to create a letterhead macro. The letterhead margins are one
inch. The text to be typed in will start at a margin setting of 1.25 (left
and right). I can't seem to change the margins in the text without it also
changing the letterhead.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Apply a negative 0.25" left and right indent to the Header style.

And don't try to create a letterhead macro; create a template instead. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"Lila" wrote in message
I am trying to create a letterhead macro. The letterhead margins are one
inch. The text to be typed in will start at a margin setting of 1.25

(left
and right). I can't seem to change the margins in the text without it

also
changing the letterhead.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lila

Peg and Suzanne: Thank you both. Peg, I tried your way and it works. I
didn't know which option in break to use but figured out it was "continuous".
I was then able to change the margins. It's a feature I never knew about.
Thank you.
And Suzanne, your solution is excellent but I will need to read it
thoroughly and play with it. I just found this site and I think it's great!!!
Lila.