Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sjschmidtky sjschmidtky is offline

Default Pictures in a Table - Darn, not better in Word 2007

I was looking forward to Word 2007 anticipating that it would handle the
insertion of pictures better in a table. I want to put a picture in a table
so that it spans columns and rows and have it wrap the text in the cells
around it. But, it still insists on inserting the picture in a cell, not
across cells.

Anyone have any ideas how I might get this functionality to work in Word 2007?

Thanks!
--
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sjschmidtky sjschmidtky is offline

Suzanne,

Yes, I need the text to remain in the cells and do the wrapping around a
picture placed across several cells.

Steve
--
Steve

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In this instance, would it work to merge the cells in question? Or do you
need the text to remain in specific cells?

"sjschmidtky" wrote in message
I was looking forward to Word 2007 anticipating that it would handle the
insertion of pictures better in a table. I want to put a picture in a

table
so that it spans columns and rows and have it wrap the text in the cells
around it. But, it still insists on inserting the picture in a cell, not
across cells.

Anyone have any ideas how I might get this functionality to work in Word

2007?

Thanks!
--
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Sorry there's no good way to do that. I agree it would be helpful.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In this instance, would it work to merge the cells in question? Or do

you
need the text to remain in specific cells?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"sjschmidtky" wrote in message
I was looking forward to Word 2007 anticipating that it would handle

the
insertion of pictures better in a table. I want to put a picture in a

table
so that it spans columns and rows and have it wrap the text in the

cells
around it. But, it still insists on inserting the picture in a cell,

not
across cells.

Anyone have any ideas how I might get this functionality to work in

Word
2007?

Thanks!
--
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Yacbo Yacbo is offline

Text that would otherwise be behind the picture in cells.... is it your
desire to wedge the picture in the table, forcing the table to bulge out to
the right and/or left in order that column widths are maintained? Or do you
envision centering the picture across two partial colulmns thereby forcing
text in each to wrap around the picture, maintaining the column placement but
increasing the vertical width of the rows as required? I think each effect
could certainly be simulated, but in the end the picture would occupy the
space of one cell or group of merged cells.

"sjschmidtky" wrote:

I was looking forward to Word 2007 anticipating that it would handle the
insertion of pictures better in a table. I want to put a picture in a table
so that it spans columns and rows and have it wrap the text in the cells
around it. But, it still insists on inserting the picture in a cell, not
across cells.

Anyone have any ideas how I might get this functionality to work in Word 2007?

Thanks!
--
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'm guess that "sjschmidtky" wants a Square or Tight wrap around the picture
such as he could get in ordinary text (newspaper-style columns, for
example), which would be your second option. Yes, the row height would
necessarily increase. Splitting and merging cells selectively could simulate
a Square wrap but not a Tight one.