Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian D Brian D is offline

Default How do I get a check mark on an evaluation template?

I'm trying to add check marks on an evaluation template in Word. My check
mark goes next to the box, but not in it. Does anyone know how to get this
in the box? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

You'll have to delete the X box and replace it with the check box
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner (only 12 years)

"Brian D" wrote:

I'm trying to add check marks on an evaluation template in Word. My check
mark goes next to the box, but not in it. Does anyone know how to get this
in the box? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want a checkbox that can be checked/unchecked, you'll need to use a
CheckBox form field. If you're using Word 2003 or earlier, right-click any
toolbar and choose Forms. You'll also want to read up in Word's Help system
on how to create forms and "protect" templates or documents so that the
resulting forms are usable as such.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"Brian D" wrote:

I'm trying to add check marks on an evaluation template in Word. My
check
mark goes next to the box, but not in it. Does anyone know how to get
this
in the box? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you need a dynamic (clickable) checkbox, there are a number of ways to
create and use clickable checkboxes in documents / templates. Some require
protected or locked forms, others do not. Take a look at the Checkbox
template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn

for an exploration of these. Some utilize code, others do not.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP