Mary

Default Empty Merge fields then substitute text

Using Word 2000.

I print an address in my merge letter. But if the address is empty, I
want to slightly change what prints. The address is empty if either
addrln1, city, or st is empty.

your property at 123 Main St, Orlando FL.

versus

your property.

The merge document looks like this.

your propert at addrln1, city st.

How can I change the text if the address is empty?

Thanks

Brenda

Graham Mayor

your property{IF {Mergefield addrln1} "" " at {Mergefield addrln1},
{Mergefield city} {Mergefield st}"}.

should do the trick. Enter the field boundaries {} with CTRL+F9 and type the
rest as shown.

Mary wrote:
Using Word 2000.

I print an address in my merge letter. But if the address is empty, I
want to slightly change what prints. The address is empty if either
addrln1, city, or st is empty.

your property at 123 Main St, Orlando FL.

versus

your property.

The merge document looks like this.

your propert at addrln1, city st.

How can I change the text if the address is empty?

Thanks

Brenda

Can you create a multi-layered merge where certain merge fields a. mileszat Mailmerge 3 January 18th 05 03:46 AM
Empty Mail Merge Fields Meggan Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 05:22 AM
Empty Mail Merge Fields Meggan Microsoft Word Help 0 January 13th 05 12:43 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Word 2002 Mail Merge - merging to new doc displays blank empty dia Steve Vincent Mailmerge 1 December 15th 04 06:28 PM