KodiV

Default Word 2002 files not opening in Word 2003-cannot recover files

Has anyone lost data by upgrading to Office 2003? I have resumes that I did
on Word 2002 that will not open in Office 2003
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S29kaVY=?=,

Has anyone lost data by upgrading to Office 2003? I have resumes that I did
on Word 2002 that will not open in Office 2003

Generally, no, I haven't noticed any problems. When asking for help, it's
useful to post any messages you're getting. Since you don't provide any more
detail, I'm guessing you may be encountering a problem with damaged file
structures. You could see if Word 2002 can still open the file. If it can, try
saving to HTML or RTF format, then opening in Word 2003.

Otherwise, you should be able to recover the text using the File type "Recover
text from any document" in the File Open dialog box.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)