Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonyD

Default convert word document to excel delimited file

I want to take a word document (without tabs) and covert it into a delimited
file that I can import into Excel. How can I do this? The Word file is not
setup inot columns at this time.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Hi Tony,

If the document isn't arranged in columns or tables, or delimited in some
way, then you'll have to do that work before you can get any reasonable kind
of conversion. Excel can use almost any character (tabs, commas, percent
signs, etc.) as a delimiter; or, if you use a fixed-pitch font such as
Courier New and use spaces to line things up, Excel will let you specify the
widths of the columns in characters. It just can't work with random stuff
because it doesn't "understand" the content.

In Word, you might be able to use Edit Replace to insert delimiters -- it
depends on whether there's something in the text that you can use as a
marker (a particular word, formatting, anything unique).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How to reformat a complete document. wanda Microsoft Word Help 16 February 11th 06 11:43 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM