Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
McRibIsBack McRibIsBack is offline

Default FILLIN Fields

I am trying to allow FILLIN fields within a protected word doc, but when I
protect the document to allow the user to "fill in forms", it is not
available as an option. How do I get around this? I want to create multiple
fields where the user can just hit CNTR+A then F to update each field.
--
McRib
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi McRib,

In a document protected for forms, FILLIN fields will only work if you put them in an unprotected part of the document.

Instead of doing that, you may find that using formfields, which are designed for use in a document protected for forms, is a better
way to go. With formfields, which come in various flavours (eg text, dropdown, checkbox), filling in one then pressing the tab key
automatically takes you to the next formfield.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]