Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zoey-mi zoey-mi is offline

Default change auto numbering to "hard" numbers w/o using restart each ti.

I have a long list that is auto-numbered. I need to delete "randomly" about
1/3 of the entried, but keep the original numbering scheme. For example the
list would read:
1
2
4
5
6
9
11
12
15
etc. - where items 3, 7, 8, 10, 13, and 14 were dropped from the list. I
know that you can "restart" the numbering, but I have almost 500 items on the
list, so restarting would be very tedious.

If I can change the auto numbering to "hard coded numbers" - such that they
would not change when I delete some lines, that would be ideal.

Thanks,
zoey-mi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Open the VB Editor. (ALT+F11)
Open the Immediate Window (ViewImmediated)
Type in: ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText
Press Enter.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

zoey-mi wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

You can do it like this:

1. Select the entire list.
2. Switch to VBA, and in the immediate window, enter:

Selection.Range.ListFormat.ConvertNumbersToText

Presumably there's a mainstream way to do this, but I don't know what it is.