duvalte

Default How can I keep the PDFMaker toolbar from appearing every time I o.

Word 2003 and Adobe Acrobat 6.0
I close the PDFMaker toolbar, but it comes back up when I switch between
documents or when I open a new one.

See http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

"duvalte" wrote in message
Word 2003 and Adobe Acrobat 6.0
I close the PDFMaker toolbar, but it comes back up when I switch between
documents or when I open a new one.

Jack*

I guess I am looking for the opposite here. After installing AA 6.0, I did
have the PDF toolbar in word, but one day it just disappeared, and I used it
enough to want to keep it. Now I can't find a way to restore it. How do I
do that?

"duvalte" wrote in message
Word 2003 and Adobe Acrobat 6.0
I close the PDFMaker toolbar, but it comes back up when I switch between
documents or when I open a new one.

You should have the toolbar provided you have PDFMaker.dot in the Word or
Office Startup folder. Right-click on any toolbar and select PDFMaker 6.0
from the list. Word *should* continue to display the toolbar the next time
you start up if it is displayed when you quit Word, though sometimes getting
Word to save its settings is difficult.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"duvalte" wrote in message
Word 2003 and Adobe Acrobat 6.0
I close the PDFMaker toolbar, but it comes back up when I switch

between
documents or when I open a new one.

Jack*

Before posting here, I did a search for pdfmaker.dot and found it at:

C:\program files\adobe\acrobat6.0\pdfmaker.dot
C:\program files\microsoft office\office10\startup\pdfmaker.dot
C:\program files\microsoft office\office11\startup\pdfmaker.dot

It was also under My Computer twice and there were two shortcuts to it.

Right clicking on any of the Word toolbars produces a list that does not
include pdfmaker.dot If I look at a list of .doc files to open and right
click on a file, I do see the option to convert to PDF, but the PDF toolbar
is no where to be found.

Jack