BURMA

Default how do i stop space bar doing full stops in word?

HELP how do I stop space bar doing full stops in word?
Jay Freedman

BURMA wrote:
HELP how do I stop space bar doing full stops in word?

They aren't full stops, they're the nonprinting representation of the space
character. They appear because you clicked the ¶ button on the toolbar.
Click it again to turn them off.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for why you might
want to see them and the other nonprinting characters, at least some of the
time.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

BURMA

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

BURMA wrote:
HELP how do I stop space bar doing full stops in word?

They aren't full stops, they're the nonprinting representation of the space
character. They appear because you clicked the ¶ button on the toolbar.
Click it again to turn them off.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for why you might
want to see them and the other nonprinting characters, at least some of the
time.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Forgive me for being really dense, but where on earth is that sign thing on the toolbar, i look and look, but the more I look the less I seem to see!!!!!!!

BURMA

"BURMA" wrote:

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

BURMA wrote:
HELP how do I stop space bar doing full stops in word?

They aren't full stops, they're the nonprinting representation of the space
character. They appear because you clicked the ¶ button on the toolbar.
Click it again to turn them off.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for why you might
want to see them and the other nonprinting characters, at least some of the
time.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Forgive me for being really dense, but where on earth is that sign thing on the toolbar, i look and look, but the more I look the less I seem to see!!!!!!!

Now I have found it and I clicked on it but the dotty things are still
appearing. Sorry if I am driving you mad!!!!!!!
BURMA

"BURMA" wrote:

"BURMA" wrote:

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

BURMA wrote:
HELP how do I stop space bar doing full stops in word?

They aren't full stops, they're the nonprinting representation of the space
character. They appear because you clicked the ¶ button on the toolbar.
Click it again to turn them off.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for why you might
want to see them and the other nonprinting characters, at least some of the
time.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Forgive me for being really dense, but where on earth is that sign thing on the toolbar, i look and look, but the more I look the less I seem to see!!!!!!!

Now I have found it and I clicked on it but the dotty things are still
appearing. Sorry if I am driving you mad!!!!!!!

Many thanks Jay, I have finally got there!!!! If its not too early Merry
Christmas!!