LarryCDT

Default Open document with the cursor at saved location

Can you save a Word document (Word XP) so that the cursor is positioned in
the same location it was when the document was saved. I work with some large
documents and when editing them have to clode them from time to time. It is a
real pain to have to find the exact paragraph I was editing everytime I
reopen the doc.
Jay Freedman

LarryCDT wrote:
Can you save a Word document (Word XP) so that the cursor is
positioned in the same location it was when the document was saved.
I work with some large documents and when editing them have to clode
them from time to time. It is a real pain to have to find the exact
paragraph I was editing everytime I reopen the doc.

When you reopen the document, press Shift+F5.

If it doesn't work, you need to apply the fix from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/GoBackFix.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman