Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
savvy savvy is offline

Default numbers of pages displayed vs. in emailed document

I am using Word 2003 and have formated a document that appears on my screen
as being two pages in Print View. When I email the document the recipient
sees it as a 3 page document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Savvy,

How much fits on a page in Word depends on the printer driver being used, and this can affect the number of pages. The likely reason
for the difference you're seeing is that your email recipient uses a different printer (and print driver) to your's.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"savvy" wrote in message ...
I am using Word 2003 and have formated a document that appears on my screen
as being two pages in Print View. When I email the document the recipient
sees it as a 3 page document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
savvy savvy is offline

This has happened with a number of different recipients with 9 lines of print
moving to page #3. Is there some way to test this on my system?

"savvy" wrote in message ...
I am using Word 2003 and have formated a document that appears on my screen
as being two pages in Print View. When I email the document the recipient
sees it as a 3 page document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Savvy,

The only way to test for yourself is to install the same printer drivers on your system, then see how the document looks with the
corresponding printer set as the current printer. It doesn't matter if you don't actually have that printer unless you try to print
using it's driver.

A better alternative, if your recipients don't need to edit the document, is to convert it to pdf and send that.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]