Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xueyun xueyun is offline

Default Page numbers in TOC do not get updated

Hi,

I'm current using Word 2003 Business Edition, running on Windows XP. My
colleagues who opened the word document attachment would not get the correct
display of TOC page numbers. They would have to select update field to
correct this problem. May I know if you have a solution for this pls?

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Ask the recipients to clear the "Allow starting in Reading Layout"
option in Tools | Options, General tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"xueyun" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm current using Word 2003 Business Edition, running on Windows XP.

My
colleagues who opened the word document attachment would not get the

correct
display of TOC page numbers. They would have to select update field to
correct this problem. May I know if you have a solution for this pls?

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deborah W Deborah W is offline

Hello Stefan,

Having the same problem only I'm using Word 2002 and the below option does
not appear. How do I correct problem?

"xueyun" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm current using Word 2003 Business Edition, running on Windows XP.

My
colleagues who opened the word document attachment would not get the

correct
display of TOC page numbers. They would have to select update field to
correct this problem. May I know if you have a solution for this pls?

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See if the following applies: