Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TVG TVG is offline

Default "NORMAL PAGE LAYOUT"

Is it possible to not have your document viewed as print layout? In old
version of Word you can choose "Normal" which is easier when it comes to
hard page breaks and the insertion of a footer with page numbering. I need
it to give me the option for a section break so I can attach a new footer
with the appropriate page number. Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Up to v. 2003 it's still called Normal. If you're using 2007 it's called
"Draft" view.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"TVG" wrote in message
Is it possible to not have your document viewed as print layout? In old
version of Word you can choose "Normal" which is easier when it comes to
hard page breaks and the insertion of a footer with page numbering. I
need
it to give me the option for a section break so I can attach a new footer
with the appropriate page number. Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

And if you want documents saved in Draft view to open in the same view,
check the "Allow opening a document in Draft view" option in the Advanced
category of Office button | Word Options. You'll find the option under the
"General" heading.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP