Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bayeken bayeken is offline

Default Copying text from a powerpoint presentation.

How can I copy text from a powerpoint presentation into a word document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You should be able to just select, copy, paste. The formatting will not
follow as PowerPoint is a different beast from Word. So you will have to
tinker with the text to get it back to what it looked like, if that is the
purpose of the exercise.
If you are after a perfect copy of how it looks in PPT, you could select the
slide in the Slides view, copy paste picture, this will bring over any Slide
Master information.
If you want the image to look like the PPT onscreen, select PPT,
ALT+PrintScreen, paste (normal Ctrl+V, not special) and you will return an
image of the PPT window.
Be aware that these images could start to bloat your file if you have many
of them. If you need many inserted into the doc, other file formats can be
used.
This is for 2003 and prior, maybe different for 2007.
Hope this helps.
DeanH

How can I copy text from a powerpoint presentation into a word document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] matthills10@googlemail.com is offline

On Nov 22, 12:06 pm, bayeken
wrote:
How can I copy text from a powerpoint presentation into a word document?

From Powerpoint 2000 onwards you can choose File/Send To/Microsoft
Word.
This gives you various options - if you just want the text, select
'Outline Only'.

Hope this helps.