Jamielee

Default How do I change space size between words?

Ok...I am trying to recreate a legal document in Word. I need the lines and
words to match up exactly to the document I am typing. However, I have set
the margins to smaller, the font to smaller, but I still can't get the words
to line up. Word will not let me type as many words as are typed one the
document. But it seems as though my spaces between words are wider than on
the document, but the font is the same. Can anyone please help me?
CyberTaz

If you are trying to emulate a _typewritten_ document it isn't going to be
easy. Typewriters are monospaced devices, whereas most of the fonts on the pc
use _proportional_ spacing. If you can identify the exact font and font size
used in the original you may be able to come close if you can obtain a
comparable fixed-width font.

You can also try typing the document in WordPad using a font like Courier
(not Courier New) or others that have no symbol next to their name when you
go to FormatFont. If something looks good, save a few lines as .rtf, open it
in Word & see if it's worth continuing.

Good Luck |:)