Kim Finleyson

Default Printing 1 Label per Page - "Next Record" Not Working

Hello, I am assisting a customer who is attempting to print Avery5266 folder
labels in Word 2002. Only one record (label) is printing per page instead of
a page of labels with different records. I have reproduced the problem in
Word 2003 with the same results.

Note that this is not a "typical" Word merge. I work for a software vendor
that generates Word merge documents as follows: a VBScript is executed,
populating a text file with data and opening a Word template that was
previously set up as a mail merge document. The text file datasource looks
something like this: WARRANTLBL~DOCNUM~Defendant name suffix~Defendant Middle
Name~Defendant Last Name~Defendant First Name
WARRANTLBL~DOCNUM~Defendant name suffix~Defendant Middle Name~Defendant Last
Name~Defendant First Name

Note that I have already carefully followed the instructions in Word Help,
Microsoft Office Assistance, Graham Mayor's website, and Cindy Meister's
website. I've also searched the newsgroup archives, read the FAQs on the MVPs
site, and read several documents from Google. So, I believe the Word merge
label template is set up correctly, and my best guess is that somehow "Next
Record" isn't being recognized.

I have several questions: Assuming that everything is set up correctly in
the Word merge template, is there something in the VBScript that is causing
one record to print per page? (Unfortunately the developer who wrote the
VBScript is out this week, but I will try to get another developer to help me
locate this script.)

Secondly, can anyone tell me exactly what "Next Record" really does behind
the scenes? Perhaps this will help me troubleshoot the problem.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

Sincerely,

Kim Finleyson
Technical Communications Coordinator