Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harsh Melon Harsh Melon is offline

Default Share a template and theme with other users

I have created several templates which include themes with special font sets,
colors, etc. I would like to share these with others. Will the template carry
the theme information with it when I transfer it to another user's computer
(via email, flash drive, etc.)? Or do I need to do something special to make
the theme work correctly on another computer?

Also, if I create a document using a template with themes, and then send
that document to someone else, will my formatting change at all?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The formatting applied to a template will be preserved if you share the
template with someone else.

However, if you want to share the actual theme with other users, so that
they can apply it to other documents, they will have to copy the theme files
to their computers.

A theme may include several files; one is the actual theme (*.thmx) but
there are also files for custom colors, fonts, and effects. Look in the
Document Themes folder (within your Templates folder at
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP