Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MelJB

Default Help, I can't copy and paste from webpages to Word 2003 document.

I have recently acquired MS Office 2003 and put it onto my computer. Now, I
don't seem to be able to copy from any webpages on the internet to an MS Word
document. I have no problems copying and pasting between Word documents, but
as soon as I try and copy from the internet and paste into Word, MS Word
freezes and I have to use Task Manager to exit..
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus

"MelJB" wrote

I have recently acquired MS Office 2003 and put it onto my computer. Now,
don't seem to be able to copy from any webpages on the internet to an MS
Word
document. I have no problems copying and pasting between Word documents,
but
as soon as I try and copy from the internet and paste into Word, MS Word
freezes and I have to use Task Manager to exit..

That's because when you copy a web page (control-A control-C) you're also
copying a huge amount of HTML code and probably also images, scripts, links
to other pages, etc. It takes Word a L...O...N...G... time to render all of
this. Eventually Word will come around but, as I said, it can take a long
time. You might have slightly better results pasting into Excel
(surprisingly) instead of Word. If you don't need all the formatting and
just want the text, paste into Notepad instead and then copy and paste that
into word. Another possible workaround is to save the page to your hard disk
from Internet Explorer as an HTML file and then try opening it (from your
hard disk) with Word. Another trick that I've used is to open the HTML file
with Notepad first and zap any Java scripts etc that I find. Save. Close.
Reopen with Word.

Word is definitely not the best choice for working with HTML.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com