Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debbie Debbie is offline

Default Word 2007 stupid ribbon sucks. How do I set up toolbars?

the ribbon is difficult to manage and takes time. How do I set up customized
toolbars like I had in the earlier versions and get rid of all the crap I
don't use?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc[_2_] Luc[_2_] is offline

Debbie,
The only toolbar you have is the QAT next to the Office button. You can
customize that one.
If you created a custom toolbar in a template from Word 2002/2002 and load
that template in Word 2007 the toolbar will appear in the Add-In tab on the
ribbon. You can then right click it there and add it to the QAT. This is
from memory so forgive me if I am wrong, can't test it here.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
the ribbon is difficult to manage and takes time. How do I set up
customized
toolbars like I had in the earlier versions and get rid of all the crap I
don't use?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Many users are able to put most of what they use onto the Quick Access
Toolbar, then use Ctrl+F1 to toggle the ribbon off/on as needed.

The following article shows how to make the QAT resemble Word 2003's
Formatting toolbar (at least, for starters):

http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...more-familiar/

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Luc" wrote in message
Debbie,
The only toolbar you have is the QAT next to the Office button. You can
customize that one.
If you created a custom toolbar in a template from Word 2002/2002 and load
that template in Word 2007 the toolbar will appear in the Add-In tab on
the ribbon. You can then right click it there and add it to the QAT. This
is from memory so forgive me if I am wrong, can't test it here.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
"debbie" schreef in bericht
the ribbon is difficult to manage and takes time. How do I set up
customized
toolbars like I had in the earlier versions and get rid of all the crap I
don't use?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JSU JSU is offline

I have the same problem...my hand hurts from clicking from tab to tab.
I found this add in so you can either replace the ribbon with the 2003
version or pay $30 so you can customize the ribbon. I'm downloading the free
one and will stick with the 2003 version until Microsoft fixes the
uncustomizable ribbon that is stupid and sucks.

"debbie" wrote:

the ribbon is difficult to manage and takes time. How do I set up customized
toolbars like I had in the earlier versions and get rid of all the crap I
don't use?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm and