Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BigDaddyCool BigDaddyCool is offline

Default Showing how many pixels there are from the margin to the cursor.

I have some text written in Office 2003 that I would like to properly line
up. The text is written in Times New Roman 12-pt, and it's in a sort of
outline format, like so:

2.1. Which of the following numbers...
a. 120
b. 132
c. 34

Now, I want the a's b's and c's to line up directly under the start of the W
in the word What. I know that I can line up the cursor in front of the a,
press the Alt key to get more precision, and move the margin tab thingy to
the right myself and sort of eyeball it. I then rapidly press the up and down
arrows and the cursor goes back and forth from the start of the a to the W
and back to see if the position of the cursor changes from line to line.

Unfortunately, this is a very tedious process and I wonder if a better
solution exists. I was thinking maybe when I line up the cursor right in
front of the W, if it could just tell me exactly how many pixels away from
the margin it is (is there an option to make the At " part of the status bar
be changed to pixels instead of inches?), I could simply change it to exactly
that value (and therefore the "eyeballing" process would be unnecessary).

Can anybody help me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

And, although you won't now need it, the "At" on the status bar uses the
measurement units specified under Tools Options General tab - points is
what you want (pixels depends on the monitor).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You need to set the "Aligned at" position of Level 2 to the same setting

as
the "Tab space after" and "Indent at" settings of Level 1.

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BigDaddyCool BigDaddyCool is offline

Default Showing how many pixels there are from the margin to the curso

"You need to set the "Aligned at" position of Level 2 to the same setting as
the "Tab space after" and "Indent at" settings of Level 1."

And how do I do that exactly?