Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim

Default Cannot replace highlight text

Recently, I cannot replace highlighted text that I select with a mouse click
and drag. I can delete the highlighted text and then type but no longer can
I highlight then type to delete/replace. The highlighted text just gets
pushed to the right. Obviously, I must have changed a setting in Word
somewhere but have no idea where.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

"Jim" (remove parenthesis) wrote in message
Recently, I cannot replace highlighted text that I select with a mouse
click
and drag. I can delete the highlighted text and then type but no longer
can
I highlight then type to delete/replace. The highlighted text just gets
pushed to the right. Obviously, I must have changed a setting in Word
somewhere but have no idea where.

Word 2003? If not, this may be erroneous information and my time has been
wasted. Tools Options Edit tab place check in "Typing replaces selection"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim

Thank you. That did the trick. For the life of me, I don't know how that
got changed, though.

Sincere thanks!
Jim

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | Edit: Typing replaces selection.

"Jim" (remove parenthesis) wrote in message
Recently, I cannot replace highlighted text that I select with a mouse

click
and drag. I can delete the highlighted text and then type but no longer

can
I highlight then type to delete/replace. The highlighted text just gets
pushed to the right. Obviously, I must have changed a setting in Word
somewhere but have no idea where.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I sometimes think Word does this sort of thing behind our backs to keep us
on our toes, but in reality the culprit for such changes is usually a Word
add-in.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | Edit: Typing replaces selection.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.