Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike C Liu Mike C Liu is offline

Default variables by Mathtype so big

Hi

I use Mathtype to create equation and also variables. If I change this

word file into two columns format, these varialbes look very big. Is
there a way to solve this?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike C Liu Mike C Liu is offline

Jezebel wrote:
Make them smaller.

"Mike C Liu" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I use Mathtype to create equation and also variables. If I change this

word file into two columns format, these varialbes look very big. Is
there a way to solve this?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Mike

But I have plenty of them, nearly 200 variables. How to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

On 13-Sep-2006, Mike C Liu wrote:

I use Mathtype to create equation and also variables. If I
change this word file into two columns format, these varialbes
look very big. Is there a way to solve this?

Mike, this will be a 2-step process. For step 1, open MathType. In the
Preferences menu, hover over "Equation Preferences", then click on
"Load from File". In the list of Equation Preferences that appears in
the window, see if there's one that matches your font + size in Word.
For example, if you are using Times New Roman font and 12 pt text in
Word, the preference file might be named "Times+Symbol 12.eqp".

a. IF you have a preference file that matches your Word font settings,
click Cancel and close MathType. Skip step "b" in the next paragraph
and go on to step 2 below.

b. If you DO NOT have a preference file that matches your Word font
settings, you'll need to create one. I'll not go into detail here
about how to do that, but if you've never done it, take a look at
Tutorial 8 in your MathType User Manual, as well as pages 101-102. If
you don't have a printed copy of the manual, there's one on your
computer at Start All Programs MathType 5 MathType User Manual.

Step 2: In Word, notice there's a MathType menu on the menu bar. In
that menu, click on the option titled "Format Equations". (Be sure to
click on the correct item. There is a different one with a similar
name in the menu.) In the "Format Equations" dialog, click on
"Browse". Select the preference file that matches your Word fonts,
then click "Open". The name of the preference file now appears in the
text window to the left of the Browse button. Make sure "Whole
document" is checked at the bottom of the Format Equations dialog,
then click OK. All of your equations will be re-formatted to your
specifications.

If this didn't solve your problem, then there's another issue
involved. If that's the case, write back with more info and we'll go
from there.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

Thank you Bob.

I've done step1a & step 2. But the size of variable is still the same;
however, variable appears in the middle between lines. Before, it
appears aligned with the bottom of characters.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

Mike, I responded to your latest post on Wednesday; perhaps you didn't
get it since I sent it privately and not to the newsgroup. What I said
was that if you'll send me a copy of the offending document privately,
I'll take a look at it.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training