Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heide

Default Watermark and Autotext in Footer

I have two questions that someone asked me that I have been unable to answer.
Hope you all can give me some feedback and put me on the right track!

Here they a

1) I am finding it difficult to restrict a watermark to a few select pages
rather than having it visible throughout the entire document. Do you know
how this can be done?

* I think she needs to create sections and put the watermark into those
sections. Does anyone else know of a better way to handle this?

2) It appears (at least for me) that the autotext feature in the footer for
file path and name does not automatically update if you move the document to
another location. Is there a way to automate this feature as before in the
older versions?

*This has happened to me as well. I've always just gone back into the
footer and manually updated it by re-entering the field. Is there another
way to do this?

Thanks everyone!

Watermark Question Kathy New Users 2 February 5th 06 02:09 PM
How can I create a permanent custom watermark? Curious Microsoft Word Help 2 November 15th 05 09:50 AM
Insert AutoText if Doc is Printed Daniel Microsoft Word Help 0 October 20th 05 01:24 PM
Conditional inclusion of WordArt? Bill Watkins Mailmerge 13 February 1st 05 03:51 PM