Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bobby Bobby is offline

Default Word 2007's auto-correct entries location?

I want to re-install my OS (Vista) and I am currently backing up all of my
data in preparation for the re-installation.

Can anyone tell me where Word 2007 saves my autocorrection entries?

Thanks.

Bobby
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Benjamin Barrett Benjamin Barrett is offline

I don't have that answer exactly, but see this article for a method for
saving them. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826147

HTH
Benjamin Barrett
a cyberbreath for language life
livinglanguages.wordpress.com

"Bobby" wrote:

I want to re-install my OS (Vista) and I am currently backing up all of my
data in preparation for the re-installation.

Can anyone tell me where Word 2007 saves my autocorrection entries?

Thanks.

Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bobby Bobby is offline

Thanks for the feedback Ben, but I gave up on this advice. As far as I could
see, Office 2007 does not come with a support.dot template file.

I did a Google search and came up with lots of advice about backing up
autocorrection entries - but most of these were for earlier versions of Word
and many did not even specificy the version that they referred to. Very
unhelpful. None of them worked for me.

However, I did discover that your autocorrection entries are stored in the
normal template (normal.dot). So I did a search for this file with the
intention of locating and copying it. My search failed. The file is hidden.
I eventually found it by enabling the viewing of hidden files and
re-searching.

Normal.dot (in Word 2007 systems running Vista) is stored he

c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\microsoft\temp lates

Copy this file to your backup device and then copy it back once you have
re-installed your system.

See? Easy! Not.

Bobby

"Benjamin Barrett" wrote in
message news

"Bobby" wrote:

I want to re-install my OS (Vista) and I am currently backing up all of
my
data in preparation for the re-installation.

Can anyone tell me where Word 2007 saves my autocorrection entries?

Thanks.

Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Then use the AutoCorrect.dotm template (in Autocorrect2007.zip) from
http://jay-freedman.info to load that document into Word 2007