JohnB

Default Problem using simple field Switch

Hi.

Ive started to investigate the merging of date and time fields from Access97
to Word 97 and Im getting a strange result when I try to set up a field
Switch. Im sure the solution is simple.

Word Help says the following when describing the format for a typical Switch
in a Time field:

{ TIME \@ "h am/pm" } displays "9 am" or "5 pm"

In my case Im using the following and the actual field value is 01.40:

{ Start_Time \@ "hh:mm am/pm" }

When I view the merged result I get:

01:40 a40/p40

It seems that the letter m in the am/pm statement is getting interpreted as
minute.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks, JohnB

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi JohnB,

This is just off the top of my head, but I believe you can't use double hh.mm
when am/pm.

Word Help says the following when describing the format for a typical Switch
in a Time field:

{ TIME \@ "h am/pm" } displays "9 am" or "5 pm"

In my case Im using the following and the actual field value is 01.40:

{ Start_Time \@ "hh:mm am/pm" }

When I view the merged result I get:

01:40 a40/p40

It seems that the letter m in the am/pm statement is getting interpreted as
minute.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

JohnB

Thanks for this Cindy.

It sounds like you could have the answer. Ill investigate further and will
get back to you on this thread, within 24 hours, if I still have problems.

Thanks again, JohnB

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi JohnB,

This is just off the top of my head, but I believe you can't use double hh.mm
when am/pm.

Word Help says the following when describing the format for a typical Switch
in a Time field:

{ TIME \@ "h am/pm" } displays "9 am" or "5 pm"

In my case Im using the following and the actual field value is 01.40:

{ Start_Time \@ "hh:mm am/pm" }

When I view the merged result I get:

01:40 a40/p40

It seems that the letter m in the am/pm statement is getting interpreted as
minute.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

JohnB

Hi again Cindy.

Just discovered that this works OK if you go into Regional Settings and set
the default time format to twelve hour clock. Your suggestion didnt work Im
afraid.

Cheers, JohnB

Cindy M -WordMVP- wrote in message
Hi JohnB,

This is just off the top of my head, but I believe you can't use double

hh.mm
when am/pm.

Word Help says the following when describing the format for a typical

Switch
in a Time field:

{ TIME \@ "h am/pm" } displays "9 am" or "5 pm"

In my case Im using the following and the actual field value is 01.40:

{ Start_Time \@ "hh:mm am/pm" }

When I view the merged result I get:

01:40 a40/p40

It seems that the letter m in the am/pm statement is getting interpreted

as
minute.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi JohnB,

this works OK if you go into Regional Settings and set
the default time format to twelve hour clock.

Well, yes. I had assumed this was what you had, already :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Switch for mail merging telephone-number field Rene Mailmerge 3 December 5th 06 05:09 AM
Print field problem MarkO New Users 0 April 26th 05 10:04 PM
Switch an image dynamically based on mail merge field - possible? Chris Hlusak Mailmerge 1 January 24th 05 11:11 PM
help, problem with text field in word 2003 Salvatore Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 05 03:40 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM