Simon 1972

Default Hyperlinks to local files misbehaving

Hi there,

I have a few MS-Word documents (MS-Word 2002) with links to other documents
on my PC. Now when I open these documents and Ctrl+Click the links the
behaviour has changed:

a) if the target is a .png file, I now get a warning that "some files may
contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer . . .Would you like
to open this file?",

b) if the target is another MS-Word document (.doc or .rtf), it opens but I
now get the MS-Word Web toolbar displayed (and floating),

c) if the target is a .pdf document, Adobe Reader (v7.0) opens and closes
immediately,

d) if the target is an .htm, .mht, .jpg, .gif or .txt file, it opens without
problems.

I should say that all the target files open OK from Explorer, so the files
themselves are not the problem. And when I put the equivalent links on an
HTML file (.htm) the targets open OK in IE6 (with a warning that the .doc
file may contain viruses etc, as expected)

Can anyone explain what has happened? And how to get back to opening all
these types of files from my Word documents without problems.

TIA
--
Simon 1972

How to define hyperlinks for files to be transferred to CD Prakash K. Microsoft Word Help 1 June 28th 05 10:36 PM
Hyperlinks from MS Word to specific pages in PDF files aboxs(delete this)@aol.com Microsoft Word Help 0 February 2nd 05 12:57 AM
How to use WORD2003:Tools>Options>Save-> Make local copy of files. Shah of BSTS Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 07:30 PM
Duplicate Files John Flatley New Users 1 December 22nd 04 08:17 AM
Converting hyperlinks in .doc to working links in .htm... Petter Hære Microsoft Word Help 3 December 16th 04 04:05 AM