Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ryjack ryjack is offline

Default How do I preserve fillable form format converting from Word 2 Web

I created a fillable form in Word 2003 and need to post it on our website for
clients to complete and submit back to us. But when I save the document as a
Web Page (html) the formatting gets rearranged. We're using IE6. I have the
document protected but it doesn't matter. Is there a way to preserve the
integrity of the form when converting it for the Web? Thanks for any info.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi jack

ryjack wrote:
I created a fillable form in Word 2003 and need to post it on our website for
clients to complete and submit back to us. But when I save the document as a
Web Page (html) the formatting gets rearranged. We're using IE6. I have the
document protected but it doesn't matter. Is there a way to preserve the
integrity of the form when converting it for the Web? Thanks for any info.

I wouldn't even try that with Word, it's not a good HTML tool especially
in terms of "WYSIWYG".

First of all, get your requirements straight, or, IOW, what exactly are
you planning to receive from that "form": a filled out "document" of
sorts, only the raw data, something else? Then you can decide what forms
technology to use (HTML with some server-side processing, PDF, DOC). But
don't expect a form functionality to transfer when you change a format
(in your case: DOC to HTML).

2ΒΆ
Robert
--