Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary in Toronto Mary in Toronto is offline

Default Word 2007: Bookmarks & hyperlinks

I have created bookmarks & hyperlinks to go to them; this document resides
on a SharePoint site but I have checked it out. When I select the hyperlink
I get 'Opening filename Some files can contain viruses ...." Why does the
hyperlink simply not take me to the bookmark??

Thanks for any help provided.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vttotal vttotal is offline

Hi Mary,

I am not quite clear on what the hyperlinks are doing(are they linking you
to other documents, websites, emails?). Are you using bookmark for your
document or the webpage?

I would appreciate if you can give me some additional info so I can be of
greater help,

Thanks
--
Vicente Tulliano

"Mary in Toronto" wrote:

I have created bookmarks & hyperlinks to go to them; this document resides
on a SharePoint site but I have checked it out. When I select the hyperlink
I get 'Opening filename Some files can contain viruses ...." Why does the
hyperlink simply not take me to the bookmark??

Thanks for any help provided.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary in Toronto Mary in Toronto is offline

I'm using bookmarks as locations in a doc to go to. The front page would
have a manually made table of contents with hyperlinks going to those
bookmarks.

In previous versions of Word, this always worked. This version's asking to
open a file ... which is already open.

"Mary in Toronto" wrote:

I have created bookmarks & hyperlinks to go to them; this document resides
on a SharePoint site but I have checked it out. When I select the hyperlink
I get 'Opening filename Some files can contain viruses ...." Why does the
hyperlink simply not take me to the bookmark??

Thanks for any help provided.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is there some reason you're not using a TOC field to generate a TOC
automatically? TOC entries are bookmarked automatically and hyperlinked by
default when you do this.

http://word.mvps.org

"Mary in Toronto" wrote:

I have created bookmarks & hyperlinks to go to them; this document
resides
on a SharePoint site but I have checked it out. When I select the
hyperlink
I get 'Opening filename Some files can contain viruses ...." Why
does the
hyperlink simply not take me to the bookmark??

Thanks for any help provided.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary in Toronto Mary in Toronto is offline

Correct me if I'm wrong - they're based on 'styles', which I'm not using.
Simply using bookmarks with hyperlinks to go to locations in a doc is easy,
and has always worked before. Are you suggesting this no longer works?

"Mary in Toronto" wrote:

I have created bookmarks & hyperlinks to go to them; this document
resides
on a SharePoint site but I have checked it out. When I select the
hyperlink
I get 'Opening filename Some files can contain viruses ...." Why
does the
hyperlink simply not take me to the bookmark??

Thanks for any help provided.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, this is a good argument for using, if not the built-in heading styles,
then at least specific styles for your headings. And don't think that you
aren't using styles; you are just using a single style (Normal) for
everything.

I have no way of knowing what's going wrong with your document (it should
still work), but user-inserted bookmarks tend to be easily overwritten.