Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
karen110 karen110 is offline

Default Problem with page numbers in table of contents

Hi,
I'm using Word 2003 and Index and Tables to generate a table of contents. I
want page numbers to appear, and have that all set up. But the problem is
that I have an article title followed by a subtitle, and it doesn't look
right to see this:

Article title....... 5
Subtitle............. 5

The article title is too long to fit the subtitle on the same line in the
TOC. I know that you can't have some lines of the TOC with page numbers and
others without. Is there any way around this problem?

Thanks,
Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Are you asking how to omit numbering for one or the other of the entries?
This is certainly possible. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/T...mitPageNumbers