Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KatR KatR is offline

Default Hyperlinks and Bookmarks

Trying to hyperlink from Doc A to a bookmark in Doc B. When I click on
hyperlink in Doc A it only opens Doc B and does not go to the specific spot
within Doc B where the bookmark is located. How do I fix so hyperlink goes
to exact spot in Doc B?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

While creating the hyperlink you will see the doc B name in the Address box
at the bottom... assuning your bookmark is GoThere then add this to the doc
name
#GoThere

so that the address looks like
docB.doc#GoThere

"KatR" wrote:

Trying to hyperlink from Doc A to a bookmark in Doc B. When I click on
hyperlink in Doc A it only opens Doc B and does not go to the specific spot
within Doc B where the bookmark is located. How do I fix so hyperlink goes
to exact spot in Doc B?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KatR KatR is offline

Thank you so much for trying to help ... unfortunately that didn't work
either. The Doc B still only opens up on the first page ... it does not open
up to the page that was bookmarked.

"KatR" wrote:

Trying to hyperlink from Doc A to a bookmark in Doc B. When I click on
hyperlink in Doc A it only opens Doc B and does not go to the specific spot
within Doc B where the bookmark is located. How do I fix so hyperlink goes
to exact spot in Doc B?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

It should... I tested with Word 2007.

Pl. let us know the steps you are following to insert the hyperlink...

Also the Word version.

"KatR" wrote:

Trying to hyperlink from Doc A to a bookmark in Doc B. When I click on
hyperlink in Doc A it only opens Doc B and does not go to the specific spot
within Doc B where the bookmark is located. How do I fix so hyperlink goes
to exact spot in Doc B?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KatR KatR is offline

Okay, here goes:
All docs I am working in Word 2007, but then have to save as Word 97-2003
(so others can access).

In Doc B: I have three areas I bookmark in a 10 pg doc. I go to pg 3,
highlight a heading, click on bookmark, name it (ex: BookmarkA), click add.
I go to pg 5 and 7 and do the same (named: BookmarkB and BookmarkC). All
bookmarks appear to work. I save to My Documents (as Word 97-2003).

In Doc A: I highlight a section of text, right click and choose Hyperlink.
I "Look In" My Documents and click on Doc B. I click on "Bookmarks" and see
the three listed (BookmarkA, BookmarkB...). I choose the appropriate one and
click "OK" and then "OK" again. NOTE: When I choose the bookmark, the
address that appears is docname.doc#BookmarkA (for example).
Text now appears to be hyperlinked. I save document again as Word 97-2003.

Now in Doc A, I click on a hyperlink, and Doc B opens... to page 1 and not
to the specifically bookmarked area of the document.

"KatR" wrote:

Trying to hyperlink from Doc A to a bookmark in Doc B. When I click on
hyperlink in Doc A it only opens Doc B and does not go to the specific spot
within Doc B where the bookmark is located. How do I fix so hyperlink goes
to exact spot in Doc B?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

I have uploaded two files
Download and put them in the same folder

first file
http://wikisend.com/download/464870/Test1.doc
second file
http://wikisend.com/download/464694/Test2.doc

Test them and let me know...
created in 2007 and saved as 97-2003 doc...

"KatR" wrote:

Trying to hyperlink from Doc A to a bookmark in Doc B. When I click on
hyperlink in Doc A it only opens Doc B and does not go to the specific spot
within Doc B where the bookmark is located. How do I fix so hyperlink goes
to exact spot in Doc B?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KatR KatR is offline

I am at work and unfortunately that site is "blocked" for me. I'll have to
try this evening when I'm connecting from home. Again, thank you very much
for all your help!

"KatR" wrote:

Trying to hyperlink from Doc A to a bookmark in Doc B. When I click on
hyperlink in Doc A it only opens Doc B and does not go to the specific spot
within Doc B where the bookmark is located. How do I fix so hyperlink goes
to exact spot in Doc B?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KatR KatR is offline

Hmmm... Okay, it works like a charm when I do this on my personal computer
(which has Word 2003) - but not on my work computer (which has Word 2007).
Leads me to believe there may be something up with the work computer or the
version it is running. Very curious...

At any rate, I thank you very much for your patience and assistance - and if
you know of any reason I may be having these issues I would appreciate your
input.

Best,
Kat

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Ok...

"KatR" wrote:

Trying to hyperlink from Doc A to a bookmark in Doc B. When I click on
hyperlink in Doc A it only opens Doc B and does not go to the specific spot
within Doc B where the bookmark is located. How do I fix so hyperlink goes
to exact spot in Doc B?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

I tested it on 2007 and it worked fine...

There might be some restrictions on the way it is configured at your work...
though if it takes you to the document then it should take you to the
bookmark also... do you see the right hyperlink when you hover over it?

"KatR" wrote:

Hmmm... Okay, it works like a charm when I do this on my personal computer
(which has Word 2003) - but not on my work computer (which has Word 2007).
Leads me to believe there may be something up with the work computer or the
version it is running. Very curious...

At any rate, I thank you very much for your patience and assistance - and if
you know of any reason I may be having these issues I would appreciate your
input.

Best,
Kat

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Ok...

"KatR" wrote:

Trying to hyperlink from Doc A to a bookmark in Doc B. When I click on
hyperlink in Doc A it only opens Doc B and does not go to the specific spot
within Doc B where the bookmark is located. How do I fix so hyperlink goes
to exact spot in Doc B?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
koen_vdg koen_vdg is offline

I have exactly the same issue. Works like a charm in office 2003 but not
anymore in office 2007. Haven't found a solution yet. anyone have any ideas?

tx

"KatR" wrote:

Hmmm... Okay, it works like a charm when I do this on my personal computer
(which has Word 2003) - but not on my work computer (which has Word 2007).
Leads me to believe there may be something up with the work computer or the
version it is running. Very curious...

At any rate, I thank you very much for your patience and assistance - and if
you know of any reason I may be having these issues I would appreciate your
input.

Best,
Kat

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Ok...

"KatR" wrote:

Trying to hyperlink from Doc A to a bookmark in Doc B. When I click on
hyperlink in Doc A it only opens Doc B and does not go to the specific spot
within Doc B where the bookmark is located. How do I fix so hyperlink goes
to exact spot in Doc B?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheeloo[_2_] Sheeloo[_2_] is offline

Can you upload the two files you are using to wikisend.com?
You can remove all other data from the files...

I will take a look and try to help.

What is the OS at office? Are your files on a network?

It is not an Excel 2007 issue since I had tested it on Excel 2007...
"koen_vdg" wrote:

I have exactly the same issue. Works like a charm in office 2003 but not
anymore in office 2007. Haven't found a solution yet. anyone have any ideas?

tx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
koen_vdg[_2_] koen_vdg[_2_] is offline

ok, I stand corrected, my issue isn't exactly the same...sorry bout that.
My hyperlink resides in an e-mail and points to a document on a sharepoint
site... when i do it from word to word it works.
But I used to be able to do this with office 2003, but not anymore with
office 2007