AJN

Default Print Picture background option in Word does not work?

I am trying to print text over a background I found on the Web. I have
checked the background box in the options under tools, but it did not work.
I am using Windows XP home edition. I also can not print from a Web page.
Any help would be appriciated.
TF

The Background option in Word can only for creating HTML background: it can
be viewed on screen. To print it, you need to save the document as an HTML
document, opened in Internet Explorer and printed; then follow the
directions below.

To print a web page background, open Internet Explorer and select Tools,
Internet Options, Advanced tab and check the Print Background Colours and
Images option.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"AJN" wrote in message
:I am trying to print text over a background I found on the Web. I have
: checked the background box in the options under tools, but it did not
work.
: I am using Windows XP home edition. I also can not print from a Web page.
: Any help would be appriciated.

TF

That's something new I learnt for today. I've not noticed that new (for
WD2003) check box till you pointed it out. Thanks Suzanne.

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: Actually, Word 2003 does allow you to print backgrounds; there is a
setting
: for this on the Print tab of Tools | Options. For all previous versions,
: what Terry said will apply.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: The Background option in Word can only for creating HTML background: it
: can
: be viewed on screen. To print it, you need to save the document as an
HTML
: document, opened in Internet Explorer and printed; then follow the
: directions below.
:
: To print a web page background, open Internet Explorer and select Tools,
: Internet Options, Advanced tab and check the Print Background Colours
and
: Images option.
:
: --