BaileyS

Default Merge Feild duplicating for 50+ pages

Has anyone come across a problem with Merge feilds in Word 2003,
whereby the first merge feild duplicates itself over 50+ pages before
allowing the second and all other consecutive fields to merge
successfully?

Is there a quick answer to this?
Unfortunately I don't have much info for you other than:
Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 (up to date from office updates)

The only Security software on this PC is Norton AV 2003, already tried
turning off script blocking - didn't help. The data for the merge is
coming from an application's database through MSDE 2000 SP3.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.
Peter Jamieson

I haven't encountered this particular problem, no. Sounds nasty. It's
difficult to know what to look for in this case, but...

Can you please verify that you mean that the first /field/ replicates, not
the first /record/?
What type of field is causing the problem? (VARCHAR, NVARCHAR etc.) and does
the field contain a large amount of text or other data?
You are probably connecting to MSDE using OLEDB (at some point Word will
have got you to save a .odc file that records the connection details). If
so, can you please try connecting using ODBC? This is not completely
trivial, but when you get to the Select Data Source dialog, try using the
Tools menu at the top right to select MS Query and try to follow the MS
Query dialogs. You will need to create a new data source at some point
unless you already have a suitable ODBC DSN.

Peter Jamieson

m...