Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arby

Default Microsoft Word documents have strange symbols & data in frames.

I was copying and pasting data from my credit union website to a Microsoft
Office Word document and I got all kinds of strange symbols (bent arrows,
tiny small circles, symbols similar to a music staff, & dots between words),
and the data got all broken up into frames. Now all my Word documents are
messed up like this document. Help! How do I correct this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:31:01 -0800, "Arby"
wrote:

I was copying and pasting data from my credit union website to a Microsoft
Office Word document and I got all kinds of strange symbols (bent arrows,
tiny small circles, symbols similar to a music staff, & dots between words),
and the data got all broken up into frames. Now all my Word documents are
messed up like this document. Help! How do I correct this?

The "strange characters" are nonprinting representations of spaces,
line breaks, paragraph marks, and the like. Click the ¶ button on the
toolbar to turn them off. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm.

I can't tell from your description what the "frames" might be, whether
they're a normal part of the document but in an unfamiliar view, or
frames or textboxes that were pasted along with the text from the web
page. First turn off the nonprinting characters, click View Print
Layout, and see if the "frames" disappear. If they're still there,
right-click on the edge of one and look near the bottom of the popup
menu -- does it say "Format Text Box" or "Format Frame" or "Format "
something else?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman