Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Show Change bars only

In Tools Options Track Changes, set the Insertions dropdown to Color
Only and set the Deletions dropdown to Hidden. Choose colors as you like for
the inserted text and the change bars. Then the text you change will look
like the final version, but the change bars will still appear in the margin.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Rene' wrote:
In the 2000 version of Word I could show the changed areas on printed
doc by "showing change bars" ONLY. -- In the XP version I haven't
been able to figure out how to do that - I don't want to see the
deleted text -- just see the areas of a document which were change -
I will then determine if the new text makes sense.
Additionally, because all the changed text shows - it's really hard to
determin what is acceptable and what isn't.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To do this in Word 2002, however, you need a Registry edit. See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Put_Track_...k_On_Track.htm for
assistance.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
In Tools Options Track Changes, set the Insertions dropdown to Color
Only and set the Deletions dropdown to Hidden. Choose colors as you like

for
the inserted text and the change bars. Then the text you change will look
like the final version, but the change bars will still appear in the

margin.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

so
all may benefit.

Rene' wrote:
In the 2000 version of Word I could show the changed areas on printed
doc by "showing change bars" ONLY. -- In the XP version I haven't
been able to figure out how to do that - I don't want to see the
deleted text -- just see the areas of a document which were change -
I will then determine if the new text makes sense.
Additionally, because all the changed text shows - it's really hard to
determin what is acceptable and what isn't.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rene''''

Jay,
I don't have a deletions dropdown under Track Changes - I'm using XP 2002
Any other suggestions for not showing deleted text and just showing the
change bar?
Thank you,
Rene'

Rene' wrote:
In the 2000 version of Word I could show the changed areas on printed
doc by "showing change bars" ONLY. -- In the XP version I haven't
been able to figure out how to do that - I don't want to see the
deleted text -- just see the areas of a document which were change -
I will then determine if the new text makes sense.
Additionally, because all the changed text shows - it's really hard to
determin what is acceptable and what isn't.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

I guess you missed Suzanne's follow-on answer:

"To do this in Word 2002, however, you need a Registry edit. See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Put_Track_...k_On_Track.htm for
assistance."

Rene' wrote:
In the 2000 version of Word I could show the changed areas on printed
doc by "showing change bars" ONLY. -- In the XP version I haven't
been able to figure out how to do that - I don't want to see the
deleted text -- just see the areas of a document which were change -
I will then determine if the new text makes sense.
Additionally, because all the changed text shows - it's really hard to
determin what is acceptable and what isn't.
Thank you

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rene''''

Do you know what I would search for at the site provided to review info on
the Charge Bars ONLY -
Thank you

Rene' wrote:
In the 2000 version of Word I could show the changed areas on printed
doc by "showing change bars" ONLY. -- In the XP version I haven't
been able to figure out how to do that - I don't want to see the
deleted text -- just see the areas of a document which were change -
I will then determine if the new text makes sense.
Additionally, because all the changed text shows - it's really hard to
determin what is acceptable and what isn't.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rene''''

Yes, I did go to the site - I couldn't find via any searches how to have
change bars only on - it applies more to colors of change text and deletions.
Thank you for your assistance... Rene'

Rene' wrote:
In the 2000 version of Word I could show the changed areas on printed
doc by "showing change bars" ONLY. -- In the XP version I haven't
been able to figure out how to do that - I don't want to see the
deleted text -- just see the areas of a document which were change -
I will then determine if the new text makes sense.
Additionally, because all the changed text shows - it's really hard to
determin what is acceptable and what isn't.
Thank you

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hmm. Not as comprehensive as I thought. You need to set the formatting of
deletions to Hidden. At a guess, this *might* be:

..DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkHidden

I know nothing of VBA, but I'm sure someone will correct me if this is
wrong.

I would think you wouldn't need the parts of the macro that set the
formatting for inserted text, since this can be done through the UI, but
what you want for that is "None."

Shauna also devised an add-in to control Track Changes, but IIRC, it didn't
work flawlessly, and since Word 2003 remedied the problem, it was quietly
dropped.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

To do this in Word 2002, however, you need a Registry edit. See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Put_Track_...k_On_Track.htm for
assistance.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
In Tools Options Track Changes, set the Insertions dropdown to

Color
Only and set the Deletions dropdown to Hidden. Choose colors as you

like
for
the inserted text and the change bars. Then the text you change will

look
like the final version, but the change bars will still appear in the

margin.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

Rene' wrote:
In the 2000 version of Word I could show the changed areas on

printed
doc by "showing change bars" ONLY. -- In the XP version I haven't
been able to figure out how to do that - I don't want to see the
deleted text -- just see the areas of a document which were change -
I will then determine if the new text makes sense.
Additionally, because all the changed text shows - it's really hard

determin what is acceptable and what isn't.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Take the macro from Greg Maxey's web page that you already visited. Put it
into the VBA editor in Word. Just change one line -- replace the line

.DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkStrikeThrough

with the line

.DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkHidden

Run the macro once.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman