Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carlamn Carlamn is offline

Default How do I eliminate so much white space at the end of the page?

I am creating a research paper in Word and the page has so much white space
at the bottom. I cannot get rid of it!! Help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You have several options:
Put in more text.
Change the size of your font.
Change the size of your margins.
Change the size of your paper.

I'm not real sure what you think you should be able to do about too much
white space.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Carlamn" wrote in message
I am creating a research paper in Word and the page has so much white space
at the bottom. I cannot get rid of it!! Help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carlamn Carlamn is offline

I guess I want to just keep typing without my paragraph being automatically
bounced to the next page - I want the paragraph go from the bottom of the
page and then just continue on the next page.

I cannot change the size of the font or margins as these are designated by
my Professor & he can check them because I have to submit them electronically.

"Carlamn" wrote in message
I am creating a research paper in Word and the page has so much white space
at the bottom. I cannot get rid of it!! Help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

"Carlamn" wrote in message
I am creating a research paper in Word and the page has so much white space
at the bottom. I cannot get rid of it!! Help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check the paragraph stye for the widows and orphans attribute (paragraph
formatting - line and page breaks) and uncheck the box.

"Carlamn" wrote in message
I am creating a research paper in Word and the page has so much
white space at the bottom. I cannot get rid of it!! Help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can turn off the "Widow/Orphan control" option for the Normal style. In
the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, and then click Paragraph. On the
Line and Page Breaks tab, clear the option. Confirm the settings by clicking
OK.

To display the Modify Style dialog box:

- Word 2003: See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html.

- Word 2007: Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. In the Styles pane, right-click Normal,
and choose Modify. If Normal is not listed, click the Manage Styles button.
In the Manage Styles dialog box, click the Edit tab, locate the Normal
style, and click Modify.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP