Mifty Jackson

Default Automatic copying of text from 1 page to another in Word document

Hi,
What I want to do is have a Word document with more than 1 page. Is there a
simple way I can get text to copy itself from the 1st page to subsequent
pages without using cut and paste. At the moment I have the text in the
header and that works, but it's not ideal.
Many thanks
--
Mifty
Charles Kenyon

Either a REF field or a STYLEREF field comes to mind. Depends on what the
original text is. Even so, you need to put these fields on the subsequent
pages unless you put them in a continuation page header.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Mifty Jackson" wrote in message
Hi,
What I want to do is have a Word document with more than 1 page. Is there
simple way I can get text to copy itself from the 1st page to subsequent
pages without using cut and paste. At the moment I have the text in the
header and that works, but it's not ideal.
Many thanks
--
Mifty

Mifty Jackson

Sounds like what I need. Document is used as template (not very
efficiently!) so not a problem putting on subsequent pages. What is a
continuation page header? Sorry to be so dense!

Thanks for your reply
Mifty

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Either a REF field or a STYLEREF field comes to mind. Depends on what the
original text is. Even so, you need to put these fields on the subsequent
pages unless you put them in a continuation page header.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Mifty Jackson" wrote in message
Hi,
What I want to do is have a Word document with more than 1 page. Is there
simple way I can get text to copy itself from the 1st page to subsequent
pages without using cut and paste. At the moment I have the text in the
header and that works, but it's not ideal.
Many thanks
--
Mifty

Charles Kenyon

A continuation page header is the header after the first page. If you do not
have the document set to have a different first page header, then it is
simply the header. http://addbalance.com/usersguide/complex_documents.htm or
sections.htm

For more on the use of the fields, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Either a REF field or a STYLEREF field comes to mind. Depends on what the
original text is. Even so, you need to put these fields on the subsequent
pages unless you put them in a continuation page header.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Mifty Jackson" wrote in message
Hi,
What I want to do is have a Word document with more than 1 page. Is
there
simple way I can get text to copy itself from the 1st page to
subsequent
pages without using cut and paste. At the moment I have the text in the
header and that works, but it's not ideal.
Many thanks
--
Mifty

How do I get rid of a page number on a Save As\ Text Only doc? Mike Whitehurst Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 02:17 PM
How do i get rid of a page number on a Save As\ Text Only doc? Mike Whitehurst Microsoft Word Help 0 March 16th 05 02:18 PM
A problem with text boxes and free space on the page [email protected] New Users 3 January 4th 05 10:39 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
FIrst page footers Noel S Pamfree Microsoft Word Help 7 December 6th 04 09:49 PM